Tuesday, September 25, 2012

MB52 Ford F-350 Superlift (2012, 1-120)

It was a surprise to see a fair few of the 1-120 line for 2012 available in TRU, Croydon the other day.

I bought two of these examples - one preserved as usual for all my 1-75, and one to be opened so that I can really get a good look at the model.

The body of the model is metal - but as with most things these days, the chassis is plastic. Commentators such as Jono C lament and are so frustrated with this - in a bid to cut costs, yet it can't really be called a diecast model as it has plastic parts! How much rally more does it cost to produce a diecast base I wonder ?

This is a unusual model - Superlift is actually a brand which jacks up 4x4's and gives them a extreme makeover. Indeed, this one was also re-created on real life.

I am really not sure if this one will sell in Europe. Again, it is a vehicle not seen outside of the US&A. Kids want to see what is on the roads rather than what they can't see.

Yet, the Holden VE Ute has been an absolute flyer - it is a very sought after model, and little people can learn about this one and where it comes from. Read MB60 Holden Pick-up from 1977. This is how I learnt about Aussie cars.

I think that the problem with this one is is that if a child asks what is a 'Superlift' ', I am not sure if parents would be able to advise - another part of the learning process is teaching children where and what, so it would be important for me to understand the models being produced.

One very worrying thing about the model is the ease at which the top cage came off - dangerous to say the least and a choking hazard. I would not be happy giving this to a child at all.

I am sure that with a little detailing, this model would come up quite well. But will this one - with the expanded range - become the 2012 peg warmer?

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment