Thursday, September 20, 2012

Majorette's Seat Leon Cupra

Ayalta - to my knowledge - were the producers of SEAT models in 1/43 scale. It is also surprising that the big hitters haven't produced some SEATs within their staple range like the Ibiza.

Majorette have finally churned out a Leon Cupra version. Not the classiest of castings and not one that smacks of quality but to have a SEAT as an everyday car within a diecast collection is always good to have amongst the Americana that seems to dominate from HW and the enforced choices of the MCCH within the MB range.

It does the job - simple as that, and sometimes as a collector that will override the quest for quality and detail. This is one of those times.

I will check Bburago's offerings within their Street Fire range - I am sure that they have a SEAT there, but cannot remember for the life of me if so for 100%.


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

1 comment:

  1. I still love Majorette as they were a big part of my childhood but I tried to pass on the love to my son and I'm not that happy with them anymore.

    The majorette I remember when I was a kid were one of the sturdiest die casts you could find and even the bottom was metal. I'm talking about the time when they were made in France. Now... it seems that the quality control is way down. And when you compare that with the fact that they're more expensive than Hot Wheels or Matchbox it's not cool

    Still, they have really good models of real cars like the Seat you featured and some of them still have hoods and doors that can open so I will get my kid a car here and there... but lately, if I'm looking for a realistic die-cast model I mostly go Matchbox or Siku.

    Wrote an article about various die-cast cars at Matchbox vs Hot Wheels vs Majorette Toy Cars. You can check out my opinions and photos there, hope you like both.

    ReplyDelete