Thursday, March 29, 2012

LEGO City 4436: Patrol Car


If you shop carefully you can get some bargains on the interweb - especially from Amazon.

This little set was bought for half price (RRP£7.99), so it would have been silly not to have bought it! This is part of the new Forest Police theme that Lego have introduced for 2012.

I am not sure it would have been worth the full price - it was very quick to build (which seems to be the norm these days with Lego), with not that great amount of features.

I don't get why there are no opening doors anymore on these type of models - it's not difficult to do, and like my review of 3179, I am sure that it would add extra play value to the model.

I do now have a real gripe with this one - and really the rest of the Lego City models. Back on the day a car was distinguished by a smaller set of wheels - these filled the wheel arches and were in proportion to the model - set 6634 demonstrates this below:
















And then we have the trucks which had what I class as 'chunky' wheels - as per below:



Which all looks good as it distinguishes a large vehicle from a standard car.

But these days, there is one universal wheel set that seems to apply to all vehicles - and to me that is not right. 4436 is a prime example of a car using what could be perceived as truck tyres. The old style wheels are making inroads very slightly in some of the new sets, but I would like Lego to go back to basics on this topic - make a distinction - not a generalisation to save on cost.

A fair model - additional bonus of the gate feature, but nothing to ride home about. I am glad I didn't pay full price.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment